Hey there fellow landlords and property managers! Are you on the hunt for a smart and savvy solution for your rental properties? Well, we’ve got just the thing for you.
Ring doorbells are quickly becoming the go-to for keeping homes safe and connected. But with so many options out there, it can be tough to decide which one is right for you and your tenants. Don’t worry, we’re here to help!
In this blog, we’re going to chat about the top 3 smart choices for Ring doorbells and make sure you feel confident in your selection. Let’s get started!
Which Ring Doorbell Do I Use As A Renter?
As a renter, I recently installed the Ring Video Doorbell 3 at my rental property and I couldn’t be happier with my decision. The installation process was easy, as it is battery-operated and doesn’t require any wiring or drilling. I simply attached the doorbell to the door frame using the mounting bracket and tools.
I love the Ring Video Doorbell 3‘s built-in motion sensor, which detects movement up to 30 feet away. This means I can always keep an eye on who’s at the door, even when I’m not home. The two-way audio feature is also a game-changer, allowing me to communicate with visitors at the door no matter where I am.
Just recently, I was on vacation and received a notification that someone was at my door. Thanks to the doorbell’s 1080p HD video and night vision, I was able to see that it was just a delivery person dropping off a package. I was able to tell him to leave it by the door, all from my vacation spot! This feature is incredibly helpful and gives me peace of mind while I am away.
Another great feature of this doorbell is the ability to customize the motion detection zones, so I can set it to only notify me when there is movement in certain areas, like the front porch.
Overall, I couldn’t be happier with my decision to install the Ring Video Doorbell 3 at my rental property. It provides added security and convenience without the need for any permanent changes to the property. I highly recommend it to any renter looking to enhance their security and convenience while renting.
Renter-Approved Ring Doorbells: A Guide to Choosing the Right One
When purchasing a Ring doorbell for your rental property, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure that the installation and use of the doorbell are smooth and comfortable for both you and your renters.
- Compatibility – Ensure the doorbell is compatible with your existing doorbell wiring and setup. This means that the doorbell should be able to connect to the existing electrical wiring and power supply of the rental property. This way, avoid any extra costs or hassle of rewiring or hiring an electrician.
- Installation – Consider the level of technical expertise required for installation. Some Ring doorbells are easy to install and can be done on your own, while others require professional installation.
- Features – It’s also important to think about the features that you and your renters would find most useful. Consider options like motion detection, night vision, and two-way audio, as these can provide added security and convenience for the renters.
- Cost – Of course, the cost is always a concern. Compare prices of different models and features to find the best value for your budget. This way you can balance the cost and the features that you want.
- Privacy – It’s also very important to consider privacy issues. Inform your renters that the doorbell has a camera and get their consent before installing it. This way, you can ensure that the renters are comfortable with the doorbell being installed and that their privacy is respected.
- Security – Finally, think about how the doorbell can integrate with other security systems in the rental property to provide a more secure environment for the renters.
Top 3 Renter-Friendly Ring Doorbells to Choose From
Ring Video Doorbell 3
The Ring Video Doorbell 3 is a great option for rental properties as it offers many of the same features as the Pro version, including 1080p HD video, motion detection, and two-way audio.
However, one of its biggest advantages is that it is battery-operated. This means that installation is even simpler and more flexible, as it doesn’t require any wiring or drilling. Renters can simply install the doorbell by attaching it to the door frame using the included mounting bracket and tools.
Additionally, the battery-operated feature also makes it a great option for rental properties where rewiring may not be an option. This could be due to the age of the building, or because the landlord does not want to make any permanent changes to the property. Renters can simply install the doorbell and remove it when they move out, without any damage or changes to the property.
The Ring Video Doorbell 3 also has a built-in motion sensor that can detect movement up to 30 feet away, this allows renters to see who is at the door even if they’re not home. It also has two-way audio so renters can speak with visitors at the door, even if they are away from home.
Overall, the Ring Video Doorbell 3 is a great option for rental properties because of its ease of installation, flexibility, and advanced features.
Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus
Video Doorbell 3 Plus is a newer version of the Ring Video Doorbell 3 and offers even more advanced features such as advanced motion detection, improved video quality, and Pre-Roll technology. Additionally, it has a quick-release battery pack, making it easier to swap out batteries when needed. This doorbell is a great option for rental properties that want to offer their renters the best features available.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro is a great option for rental properties as it is easy to install and compatible with existing doorbell wiring.
One of the best things about the Ring Video Doorbell Pro is that it has customizable motion detection zones, which allow renters to set specific areas to monitor and only receive notifications when there is movement in those areas.
This feature is especially useful for renters who want to keep an eye on their front porch or driveway, but don’t want to be bothered with notifications from other parts of the property. Additionally, it has a two-way audio feature, which allows renters to communicate with visitors at the door no matter where they are.
The Ring Video Doorbell Pro also includes advanced features like pre-roll, which records 4 seconds of video before motion is detected, and post-roll, which records for 15 seconds after motion is detected. This feature provides renters with more context about who is at the door and what they are doing.
In summary, as a renter, it’s important to choose a doorbell that is easy to install, provides added security, and doesn’t require any permanent changes to the property.
The Ring Video Doorbell 3, Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus, and Ring Video Doorbell Pro are all fantastic options that will make your life as a renter a whole lot easier.
These doorbells have unique features such as battery operation, motion detection, two-way audio, 1080p HD video, night vision, and customizable motion detection zones. These features will give you peace of mind and added security while you’re away, and added convenience when you’re home.
So don’t wait any longer, give one of these doorbells a try and see the difference it can make in your life as a renter. Happy ringing!
Read More On Ring Doorbell
- Mounting Your Ring Doorbell: The Top 5 Options to Consider
- How to Mount Ring Doorbell Without Drilling? (With Images)
- 5 Professional Services Who Can Install Ring Doorbell
- 6 Tips to Prevent Bugs from Setting Off Ring Doorbell Motion
- How to Install Ring Doorbell on Brick without Drilling?
- The Right Way to Transfer Ring Doorbell to A New Owner